Friday, October 8, 2010

More Adventures

Yeah! The trash company found us and will provide service.
Boo! It's $538 to put a 40 foot roll-off for our reconstruction mess (as long as weight is under 5 tons.) I called a couple of other guys, but they said that this is a good price. Whew! Whodathunkit? Anyway, they'll take it out there on Tuesday, and we can fill it up with the old carpet and drywall, and other tear-down materials later.

The expert water well guy is supposed to meet me Monday to test from scratch since Riverside County couldn't find earlier reports. I'm hoping all goes well here; it could take a big chunk of change to get decent water. I still need to wander around and see if I can find the other well seen in the photos.

Monday is also POD pickup and delivery day. What a great way to spend my furlough day (read as unpaid teacher vacation.)

BTW, I checked with Edison about costs to bring power out. They don't just quote, but I was able to have their project guy look on the map, and have him say it would likely be over 100k. Wow. (pause....) Wow. Pretty much makes that decision easy now, doesn't it? LP generator, solar, and wind it is.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment