Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Meet the Neighbors

Overwhelmed. That's how I feel after sitting down with the only neighbor past us on our lonely road. Turns out, Mike R. has lived there for more than 30 years. I could double my blog entries to date with just what I picked up today. Here's a few highlights:

My property used to be in Perris, and the previous owner actually filed building permits in Perris. So that is where I might find some missing information about the history on the property. He had the property insured, so the documents have to be somewhere.

Also, there is not a septic tank, but a cesspool field to the north of the house. The well that was drilled behind the house had to go down 300 feet! He pumped the water to a stainless steel tank on top of the hill for water pressure gravity flow. I asked him how the tank got up there, he said it was brought in by helicopter! The tank was rolled down the hill by thieves. BTW, there is still a large circular plate on the hill.

There is another gun club nearby used by police and military shooters. We had heard some automatic gun fire, and now we know it comes from the "Rock Pile." (Turn right instead of left at the first fork.)

More adventures later.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment