Saturday, November 6, 2010

We Made It!

OK, the POD driver arrived early, so the whole time schedule got thrown into chaos.

Some of Michael's friends from CBU had helped load the 2nd POD and 26' U-Haul and unload it the night before. We still had stuff at the house! Argh, another trip for the U-Haul to get the rest of the stuff from the house. It was my plan to load the truck in the morning, unload it, and get it back to U-Haul before 2:00 PM to avoid second day charge. But then, the POD guy called and said he'd be there at 9:00 AM instead of 2:00 PM.

Sam helped me load the corral panels onto the U-Haul, then drove the pickup out to the ranch to lead the POD truck driver, and stayed to help out there. That left me alone to work on the U-Haul. Shelley had gone to Escondido to help Katie, Jonathan and Michael had spent the night with friends. After Sam left, the corral panels fell as I maneuvered the truck back into the driveway. Being the young, strong man I am (HA!), I decided that I could lift the panels one at a time back up into standing position. I actually had all but the gate up, but had to reach down too far to retrieve it, and all 13 panels started to fall again - ON ME!!! By God's grace, I was able to duck under and escape with only a few bruises instead of getting crushed. At this point, I slowed waaaaay down on the loading and waited for the younger boys and Shelley to help. We left some items I really wanted to bring, but we left around 4 PM, said goodbye to our Pedley home of five years, and hit the road for the ranch. We got everything on the U-Haul unloaded, and dropped off the truck around 7 PM.

We decided to spend that first night at a motel in Riverside so that I could go to work in Fontana the next morning. The hot shower was very, very welcomed. Hopefully, that is the last night spent in a motel! We've spent a few nights at the ranch, but this post was actually written after the next post, which I will cut and paste in a few minutes.

God is so good!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment