Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things that Go Thump in the Night

Or is it bump? Or in our case, crunch, plunk, rattle, splash, thud, and crash.

I was awakened several times during the night by a single note on our piano a couple of nights ago. The first time, I thought maybe I was dreaming. Nope, there it was again! Now this is weird; were one of the boys playing a note on the way to the outside privy? Nah, that couldn't be it. The next time I called out, just to be sure. Nada. Ghost of ranch past? Yeah, right. Piano playing dog!? Hmm, but why just one note? BTW, it is way too cold to get out of bed to find out.

The next night, it happened again, but more often. You may wonder why I didn't just close the lid. I would have sworn that I did, but I'm not the only human in the house. The next morning, I saw a frog, but dismissed that thought immediately. The next evening, I closed the lid and put a box on top!

No more isolated piano playing, but my adventuresome noise visitors have started finding other means to wake me. Last night, I heard assorted crunching and rolling sounds coming from our bedroom. Mice! has to be! Bold, big ones! Then, a cup of water on the bedside table was knocked to the floor! A little later, there was a little bump on the bed and a thump on the floor... I want my Mommy!!!

Mice or ghosts, we gotta get a mouser or something. this is driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment